All Coder Sports in person camps begin at 9:00 AM and end at 4:00 PM. Parents are expected to arrive onsite on time for drop off and pick up. All children under age 13 must be accompanied in person to & from the Kanata Coder Gym for hand over to our camp staff.
Before and after care, beginning at 8:00 AM and ending at 5:00 PM may be available certain camp weeks. Failure to pick up the camper on time will result in removal from the remainder of the camp and/or a fee of $1.50 per minute for every minute the parent or guardian is late.
Cancellations Due to Medical or Emergency Circumstances
Changes in Cancellation and Refund Procedures
Camp transfer requests must be requested at least 14 days before the start date of your child’s camp session. Requests will be considered based on availability within the requested program. There is an administrative fee of $50 per camp/per child for each transfer. There are no refunds of transfer fees.
Coder Sports will not accept a participant into a program until the Coder Athlete Information and Waiver (CIW) form is completed.
It is the responsibility of the families to confirm or complete any outstanding paperwork by the first day of the program. Coder Sports recommends that participants arrive by 8:45 AM and are accompanied by a parent or guardian on the first day of camp.
For virtual youth programming, Coder Coaching staff will take attendance at the beginning of each session or camp. Before-care is not available for virtual youth programming.
Campers ages 7 – 13 are not eligible for self-sign out and must be signed out by an authorized person for all in-person camps or programs.
Virtual youth programs do not require youth to sign-out.
Self-sign-out: participants aged 14+ are able to sign themselves out at the end of the in-person program.
- Participants may be designated self-sign-out by parents/guardians on the Household form in the camp registration form.
- Participants designated self-sign-out will begin being dismissed from the designated sign-in/out location at 3:50 pm each day of the program.
- Participants designated self-sign-out and registered for Before/After Care may attend aftercare until 5:00 pm. At 5:00 PM the participant will be dismissed from the designated sign-in/out location.
- By selecting self-sign-out families are providing official consent to the manner of the release of participants.
Authorized individual sign-out: participants will only be released to authorized persons for pick-up at the end of the program.
- Participants that require an authorized individual for sign-out may be designated on the Household form in your camp registration portal.
- Government-issued photo ID is required by authorized individuals and will need to be presented to Coder Sports Camps staff at the end of each day.
- Participants will only be released from Coder Sports Camps to authorized individuals with government-issued photo ID.
After-care is not offered for virtual youth programming.
In person after camp care runs from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM each day.
Coder Sports offers a healthy lunch program for each day of camp. You may select the lunch option when registering for camp. Meals include drinks each day. Children with food allergies are not eligible for the lunch program.
Coder Sports adheres to all government of Ontario health guidelines related to COVID-19. At this time proof of vaccination is not required for registration. However should current government regulations change and require proof of vaccination to participate in day camps, and your child is unvaccinated, we will provide a credit on account for use at a later date (no refunds will be issued).
Terms and Conditions
By completing registration to a Coder Sports Academy Camp, Parents and Legal Guardians hereby agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Coder Sports reserves the right, at its discretion, to withdraw any camper whose influence or actions are deemed unsatisfactory, dangerous or incompatible to the camp, or who will not live within the rules and policies of the camp. If this occurs, no reduction or return of fee, or any part thereof will be made.
- Using profanity, disparaging dialogues, physical violence or threats during participation in Coder Sports programs, including camps, is strictly prohibited. Rules and instructions set forth by the Coder Sports staff must be followed at all times.
- You accept that your child may be pictured/photographed and that such material can be used by Coder Sports for promotion or marketing purposes.
- The copyright of all photography and artwork appearing on our brochures or websites belongs to Coder Sports Academy, Ltd. and may not be used without written consent. Please inform us if you don’t want your child’s photograph taken. It may be used in future promotional material.
- Coder Sports staff are authorized to take your child off the camp premises to local parks and green space for the purpose of outdoor recreation.
- In the event of an incident or an emergency, Coder Sports staff are authorized to seek out and administer proper medical treatment to the best of their ability. Parents will be notified of all major and minor incidents in a timely manner.
- All your child’s personal belongings are their own responsibility. Expensive and treasured items such as cell phones, gaming devices, jewelry, designer clothes or shoes, etc., should not be brought to the camp.
- Parents or guardians agree to pay for property damage caused directly, or indirectly, as a result of action of their child.
- You hereby release Coder Sports Academy, Ltd. and its employees, volunteers and supporters from and against all claims, actions, costs, damages and expenses with respect to damage and/or bodily injury to your child or property as a result of their participation in Coder Sports Camps.